Monday, February 25, 2008

The Knitting Chair

In the past 3 houses we have lived in, I've had a workroom. Each one has been a great place for me to be creative. Eric has always been SO VERY gracious to me in this respect. One of the first things he would look at when purchasing a new home after the basic bedroom needs were met was a workroom for me. Am I lucky or what? In our present house over the garage is my workroom. It's a room that's a little out of the way and right outside the door is a work desk that has built-in filing cabinets, a bookcase, and a place for the family computer. This is where I keep a lot of my books and files of projects and ideas I have. Up to this point I have always been in the business of making things to sell. Scripture totes, personalized baby things, and custom purses to name a few. Until now. For the past few months I haven't really spent time in my room because I stopped those business ventures for now and the room wasn't inviting. I would walk in there and the way it was set up was so utilitarian that without 50 of something to make I felt weird. Eric told me I should make my workroom into a retreat. Clean out, redecorate, and make it a real place to relax as well as a place to create. Boy, he was right and I was off and running! I cleaned everything out and reorganized. This alone took a couple of weeks. (surprising how much stuff I have) Then I saved up my hinge money and bought this...

The knitting chair. I love it! This is the first step in many. I'm still saving for other things I want to add, but this is the first installment and I am thrilled with it. Needless to say I spend MORE and MORE time in my room now. It's a great place to knit, read and just think.

4 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

Cute chair Stacia!

Dawn said...

Cozy Cozy Cozy! I want one too! (I think I'll start with getting my own room, then the accessories!)

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

Thank you so much to teaching me to knit this week. You are so patient and a great teacher. It's always good to learn from the best. I love the chair, it looks like a comfy and inviting place. Soooo Cute.

The A Team said...

that's awesome. i need to set aside a work space to get all those projects half finished done. -ami- p.s. i'm so excited to be starting this blogging thing. :)