Thursday, August 23, 2007

I wasn't born in Texas BUT.....

I got here as fast as I could!

That was on one of the first bumper stickers we saw last year when we moved to the Dallas area. It was our family's sentiments exactly! We have loved living here and feel we are official Texans now that we have visited the Alamo and our beautiful State Capitol last week. So for my first ever post I thought I would share some of our trip with you.

First of all.....Can you believe that the four of us and all our stuff fit into Eric's Mini? Nope, me either, but we did!

The boys at the Alamo. This was late Wednesday afternoon the 15th. BEFORE tropical storm Erin hit. We managed to get in the Riverwalk too.

We thought all the water we would see would be at Sea World and at the hotel pool. BUT I digress.....maybe next time Shamu.....sorry.

Saturday. On the way home from San Antonio we stopped for a tour of the Capitol Building in Austin. Neato! What a beautiful building! It's even a little taller that the National Capital. You know Texas.....everything is bigger here.

It was a good trip. Even with all of the rain we are glad we went. Fun was had by all. We ate A LOT of good food even though this picture of Noah depicts otherwise!

1 comment:

My name is Andrea said...

Let me be the first to comment!! Cute blog! I am so excited to be able to read it!! You guys are great and we are grateful we all found each other in Texas!