Friday, August 31, 2007

Happiness is...

There are a lot of things that make me happy. Creating is one of them. I love creating new things. Making something out of nothing. To me, there is nothing like it. Sadly, this part of my life has had to take a backseat to other things this past year. For me, being creative takes time and extra time I don't have a whole lot of. BUT! I decided to take a "vacation day" on Wednesday and do something I have been meaning to do for the past 6 months. I've never hand-painted sock yarn before. Honestly, I have been sort of intimidated by it. As I have said before I have been itching to start a new knitting project. Socks, to be exact. I decided that the boys would really love some "Sem Spirit" socks and dove in. I dyed the yarn their school colors and came up with this result. Generally, I'm pleased.

Last night, I started Heber's socks.

For those of you out there who don't knit, those knitting needles you see in the picture are quite small. They are roughly the same circumference as bamboo skewers used for kabobs. Am I crazy? Probably. But one thing is for sure. I went to bed last night blissfully happy because once again I have started the creation process. There's nothing like it!

No comments: