Monday, April 28, 2008

A Few Things....

  • Last Tuesday I completed my second 100 miles. It feels good to accomplish something like that and I have started on my third 100. My goal is to hit at least 1000 by the end of the year. I threw a wrench in the gear works by spraining my left foot last Sunday. After working through it for a week I finally decided to go to the Doctor. At first I thought it was a fracture, but the x-rays indicated that it was most likely a sprain. Hairline fractures wait until they have started to heal before they show up on x-rays and as of now my x-rays are clean. It feels better to run than to walk and as I have started running again I'm tempted to overdo it. Don't worry though, I'll take it easy.
  • Last Friday two new Temples were announced. One in Gilbert and one in the Gila Valley. These are the first to be announced since President Monson has become the Prophet. Arizona will soon have 4 operating Temples. How exciting! The last place we lived before moving here was Gilbert and I was raised in the Gila Valley. Needless to say I am just thrilled.
  • Lastly, while I was in Utah visiting my friend Dawn, she introduced me to some new spices. These are fantastic and I am addicted. They are comparable in price to regular grocery store spices, but are so much more fragrant and flavorful. Penzeys is the best! They have a store here in Dallas as well as an online store. Check them out! You won't be sorry! http://www.penzeys.com/

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Congrats on the next 100! That's amazing - I hope your ankle is good as new in no time!

The temples are excting - although one in Glendale would make a little more sense to me - but who am I?

Did you go to the Penzey's store? I love smelling all that good stuff!

Unknown said...

Sorry about your ankle. That's a bummer. The Gilbert temple is just a mile and half south of me. I can't wait to watch be built. SO cool.

Which spices have you tried? I'm always game... let me know! LOVE!

The A Team said...

where in gilbert is the temple being built? a second 100 miles is amazing!!