Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Dinner Conversations

The set-up. It's last Wednesday night. Wednesday night is leftover night and whatever is in the fridge is fair game to whomever calls it first.

Mom: Heber, what do you want for dinner? Potato Soup, Beef Stew, Cheese Crisp, or Mac & Cheese.

Heber: None of those.

Mom: Well, what do you want?

Heber: Do we still have spinach?

Mom: Spinach?

Heber: Yeah. I want that Spinach Salad we had the other night with the pieces of bacon and parmesan cheese.

Mom: Salad?

Heber: Yeah.

Mom: You want Spinach Salad.

Heber: Yeah.

Mom: Okay. What dressing would you like with that? Ranch or Italian.

Heber: None. I just want the Spinach all by itself. No dressing.

Mom: Are you sure?

Heber: Yep.

Mom: Okay.

Clearly shocked, (but with a BIG smile on my face) I quietly make the salad for my son who has always had difficulty enjoying his vegetables. He ate it and he enjoyed it. The whole time I'm wondering....."Who are you and what have you done with my child!"

No comments: