Friday, November 30, 2007

Where did November go?

I've been a terrible blogger. November just flew by without a word from me. Here are a few of the highlights.

Mary Kay came to visit! Mary Kay was our next door neighbor in Arizona. This is the second time she has come to visit since we have moved here. She is such a treat and we love to have her come and see us. She spoils us rotten. But then, hey, I wish everyone had someone like her in their lives. We are truly blessed.

Eric did the final mowing of the lawn for Winter. 33. Yes, you read correctly, 33 yard bags later he was finished. Way to go Eric!

Noah's socks are finished and he has enjoyed wearing them. Now it's time to dye some more yarn and get started on some more socks! I LOVE knitting socks. The reason for this I think is socks are easy to knit once you know the basics, but varied enough with the cuff, heel, and toes to keep things interesting. Not only that, they are VERY portable. You can ask me at any given time if I have a sock project with me and I will say yes. Grocery store? Yes. Restaurant? Yes. Traveling? Of course! Parent Night at school? Yes. Church? Well, no. Too tempting. A girl has to have some limits. I think a pair for Eric is in the works. Something more subdued though. It has been said that making socks for someone is a true sign of love because one spends hours and hours of their time lovingly knitting socks for someone only to have them trampled underfoot until they are no longer usable and replaced by another handmade pair. Wear them in good health boys! I love you!

No comments: